September 20, 2011
The world’s leading education thinkers gather in the heart of Chicago on Monday for the first in a series of three invitational colloquia that focus on the highest aspirations for local youth.
They’ll be looking to nations and states that have successfully tackled the same educational problems faced by schools in both the city of Chicago and in Illinois.
Together, they’ll try to answer these and other questions:
- How do other countries prepare outstanding teachers, principals and non-school based leaders?
- What supports and training do teachers and leaders need to succeed with children of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds?
- How do we attract and support highly qualified teachers and leaders across the education continuum from birth through college?
- How can we create a learning continuum so that early learning leverages academic success for all children?
- How do states and countries more equitably fund education as well as other societal institutions that are necessary for maximum learning success, such as support for families and health initiatives.
Check back for updates, news and information. We look forward to your participation Monday.