April 04, 2012
WCEC's goal has been offer a place for Illinois educators and educational leaders a place to collaborate to create the best schooling system for all of the state's children. After bringing in national and international experts to share ideas and practices, WCEC now turns to local stakeholders to lend their expertise.
At the final WCEC session on April 2, representatives from 7 organizations or schools shared their answers to 3 questions:
- What should we START doing that we are not now doing?
- What should we do MORE of that we are doing now?
- What should we be doing much less of, or STOP doing altogether
What was shared demonstrated the stakeholder's deep commitment, creativity and expertise not only in reforming the system, but also in creating the best schools, access and opportunities for every child in Illinois. Keep reading for information from:
- Illinois P20 Council
- Erikson Institute
- Council of Chicago Area Deans of Education
- McClernand School, Springfield
- Latino Policy Forum
- DeVry, Inc.
- Chicago City Colleges